Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 27 10 10:23 PM

Tags : :

Simple enough at first glance – a pale, intricately carved sandalwood folding fan hailing from the Far East. However, these fans are perfumed with a special blend of botanical oils reputed to seduce would-be suitors and confound enemies alike.

Encase yourself in an enchanting cloud of white opium, ginger lily, Eastern temple sandalwood and a gentle haze of violet fog.

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:29 PM

{The following is copy-pasted from the Daily Slather forum}

Court Jester says:

This one scared me a little, as I'm not a violet person, but I couldn't resist. And I'm soooo glad I got this!

When first applied, it smells.... a little fake? Or like Choward's violet candies? Not entirely unpleasant. But as it dries, the Violet Fog o'Doom recedes and the sandalwood awakens like a sleeping mountain. And on this mountain grow exotic flowers - ginger lily and white opium. Not enough florals to overwhelm, but enough to gently scent the sandalwood mountain. The "violet fog" is really that - a fog, a haze; it may roll over the mountain in waves or recede almost entirely, but even from a distance one can sense the faint outlines of this violet fog.

See? That's how good this scent is - it's inspiring!

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:30 PM

Kat Sparrow says:

In the pip it's mostly floral, violet and lily over a faint sandalwood. I'm not sure I know what opium smells like, so I'm not sure if the opium note was there or not!

On my skin I think the effect was similar to Court Jester's--the violet floral was there, then it dissipated like fog on a chilly autumn morning such as the one we had today  Then from there it was all sandalwood. Unfortunately, this scent didn't seem to last as long on me as the others I've tried thus far--but hell, I'm certainly willing to re-apply. ;D

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:30 PM

Ennui says:

Pip: I think that's lily on top, but I can smell the violet beneath it.

Wet: The violet is the first throw I get. I don't normally like violet, but this isn't bad at all. Opium and lily stay a strong undertone, and I keep thinking I smell frankincense.

Drydown: Something in this loves my skin and becomes very lively. It's pleasant and surprising, I actually think it might be the sandalwood. I'm going to continue the notion that a "fog" of violet is a perfect description. Delightful and different, it lasted a decent length on me.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:31 PM

Fright says:

I received this as an extra when I got my order. I'm so glad it was an extra. I ADORE this perfume, and it's not something I would've picked out on my own. It just doesn't seem like something I like. This doesn't seem flowery to me. It smells like it has a hint of lime in it? I don't get any florals in this at all. If this is how all violet perfumes smell, woowie. Count me in for all the rest of them. This lasts quite a while on me. It's so in my keepage pile!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Jan 29 11 9:34 PM

In vial (pip): Sandalwood and violet.
On me: This is actually much lighter and sweeter than I expected. More floral, too. I'm mostly getting the ginger lily and violet, with a hint of something darker underneath. I like this one, but it's a little too floral (florals aren't usually my "thing") for me to want to buy a bottle.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 12 11 8:21 AM

Wet this is a sweet floral.  When first on, this is a very sweet, creamy violet.  After a couple of hours a powdery note develops- this must be the ginger.  On the dry down, this is a mix of violet, ginger and a touch of wood which must be coming from the sandalwood note.  Overall this is a soft and delicate blend.  It's pretty but not really my type of scent.

To the lost...

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 30 12 9:10 AM

This starts off as a light, delicately sweet, candied violet and powder on me, and dries down to more of a powdery sandalwood incense.  I was worried about the opium turning sharp or the ginger lily turning soapy, but I don't get that at all.  A gentle, candied violet and soft sandalwood incense.  Very pretty and ladylike to me.

Top 10: Bissextile Curious, Chupacabra, Cyanide Crumpets, Dieterle, El Loro, Lindy Hop, Marie LaVeau, Mlle C de Villers, Rose Hip Jam Paczki, & Unicorn Leather.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 6 13 11:28 PM

It seems very Victorian to me.  Shy violet candy breathe swished by a sandalwood fan. Charming!

Favorites --- Aradia, Epona, Athena, Blue Rose, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Rabbit's Foot, Freya, Hera, Spilled Salt, Black Flowers Violet Ribbons, Green Potion

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help