Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 28 10 5:18 PM

Tags : :

A wanton blend of a fallen starlet: scorched vanilla, champagne and pink diamonds. Our most popular fragrance!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:18 PM

{The following is copy-pasted from the Daily Slather forum}

Ennui says:

Pip - Light and floral, without being flowery. There's a faint sweet undertone that isn't sugary at all.

On the skin - The scent remains fairly even, after a few moments you can definitely detect the vanilla, but every note is so well blended you can't pick the parts out of the whole!

This scent surprised me! I was expecting something far darker, but I was not disappointed. Overall this is a smooth, feminine scent with a throw that isn't overpowering, and is good for every day wear. Definitely a bottle-buy.

Besides, it also has the added amusement of the look on people's faces when you tell them what exactly smells so good.

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 28 10 5:20 PM

I figured it'd be good to review this quintessential scent now that is going away forever.

In the Bottle
It is definitely a pink smell, but it is light and lovely.

On Skin: Wet
Off the bat, I'd have to say it reminds me of a bubblegum from my youth. Sweet, powdery, and lightly flavored pink bubblegum – but it has an effervescent feeling to it thanks to the champagne.

Right now it is bright and fizzy, but it also has a smoothness to it in the background.

On Skin: Dry
I still do not smell any vanilla, but I know it's there. I can feel it lingering somewhere, which gives the Whore a classy and refined aire despite the wanton, yet playful, come-hither nature of the pink notes and champagne.

It's starting to smell less and less like bubblegum and more like... I am not sure. I want to say something with strawberries in it. Yeah – a plump red strawberry that being coyly rounded about the Whore's champagne-wet lips. Whether or not this note is actually in there, but it is the image it evokes.

Afternotes
There's also a tinge of alcohol lingering from the champagne, but not at all in a bad sense. But it's more and more pink and creamy vanilla along with it.

I really like the turn of the notes, going from playful and "innocent", but steadily becoming sultry and more womanly without having to rely on things like myrrh or sandalwood to convey this. Color me impressed.

Verdict
On an American scholastic grading scale, I'd give this a B on myself, but an A for execution. I can tell that this is a very good scent, and I can see why it was as popular as it was, but it just does not resonate with me. I have a difficult time pulling off pink colored scents, but this is by far the best one I've tried. Ultimately this would be something I would give to my sister, my polar opposite but complimentary half, since she is more of the glitz and glam than I am. Plus many of her perfumes remind me of things in this vein.

Nonetheless, thank you for letting me try this imp before it went away for good. It was fantastic, but it was not me. But I am eagerly keeping track of her exploits on Tour, though! Perhaps the Whore and I will cross paths again someday soon.

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 17 10 8:54 AM

Yum.

And again: YUM.

I love the way this one smells. Soft, delicate, and feminine. Its a unique scent that grabs you and doesn't scream "OMGGIRLY!!!"

There's sweetness, probably the vanilla, and fruityness, and something else.. Its so smooth and well blended you can't really pick anything out. On me, after a bit, it fades into a soft deliciousness with fantastic throw- but you have to get up close and personal to smell all the greatness. Definitely a scent for when you want to get close to someone (at least, for me. :3)

Can't wait to try v2.3 Mmm~

My loves: Serena, Spilled Salt, Uranus, Has No Hanna, Shakti, Odin, Dragons Blood

Quote    Reply   

lm

Resident

#4 [url]

Jan 15 11 6:31 AM

I absolutely adore the original Whore. There is something warm and thick and luscious about it. It's fruity and sweet without being remotely cloying and without having any stand-out notes. It's just smooth and delicious.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Jan 28 11 4:02 PM

The original Whore was a bit too pink for me, like another reviewer said here.  It's all fizzy sweet berries on me and all things pink and I am a black clothes wearing girl. Oh well! 

Favorites --- Aradia, Epona, Athena, Blue Rose, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Rabbit's Foot, Freya, Hera, Spilled Salt, Black Flowers Violet Ribbons, Green Potion

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 6 11 7:46 PM

In vial (pip): Sweet and bubbly.
On me: This really is bubbly! It smells like cheap sparkling wine with a hint of vanilla. Not something I’d normally wear, but nice.
Later: This gets VERY sweet and, yeah, kinda whorish. ;) It's very, very sweet.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 15 11 7:41 AM

This smells a bit like something I would expect to find at Bath & Body Works: it's a loud, simple, brashly pink scent, the sort of thing that calls to mind chunky glitter, confetti, and unabashedly trashy costume theme parties. It has a pink bubblegum sort of feel and an intense pink/magenta fruitiness I can't quite pin down. The all-caps, bubbly PINK I get immediately upon application almost settles into a rich pink vanilla scent. The vanilla is very strong, dense, and rich, but the effervescent champagne note sets it off well. It may be sweet, but the fizz of the champagne and some of the depth in the vanilla keep this from being too sweet, and the lingering dry-down is nice and smooth. Lots of throw. Sometimes this is too much for me, but occasionally I find myself craving it - I keep my pip around for when I need a kick of something noisy and fun.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help