Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 30 10 1:10 PM

Tags : :

I love art. Period. I have a BFA in Painting with a double major in Art Education and can't wait to run at the mouth to anyone and everyone who will listen to me go on and on about art, art movements, elements and principles of design, artists, techniques, etc.

So! With that, if there's anything you feel like asking or discussing when it comes to the artwork of Conjure, please do so! I do all the graphics on the labels, the SWAG, the website and I'm happy to talk about it all!

Right now, my favorite design is my Simply Batty design, second only to the Devil Made Me Do It designs. Then the Whore on Tour labels really are lovely. I redesigned the Black Cat #13 label in the Hoodoo section and that's neat. I also redesigned Thor yesterday.

Also, our very own Nachtwulf did the artwork on the upcoming Cryptozoology line and I redid the navbar! So much to look forward to over the next couple of days!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 30 10 1:14 PM

I wish I could see some of these bottle label images! But, the website itself is just a gem. I really love the layout and just, well, everything.

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 30 10 1:18 PM

I hope people like the Crypto labels as much as I liked doing them! (I even ended up doing an extra one, and honestly, I could've kept going, but that would've meant way more work on poor Vajra's part since she has to come up with the perfume end!)

If Vajra doesn't mind spoilers, I can link to the larger-sized label art for mine, at least, but I haven't seen any full bottles yet save for my custom blend (which has a full moon on it, being 'Lycanthropy' and all).

Favorites! -- Werewolf, Obatala, Aswang, Knock On Wood, Lightless Maze, Wendigo, Gears of Oblivion

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 30 10 1:28 PM

Thanks Ashenrook!

Well, here's the Hoodoo blend:

and here's Thor:

I can tell my style is changing and I'm less formulaic than in the past. My next project is to redo all the Apothecary labels with botanical drawings from the 1800/1900's.

I did Black Tea as an experiment:

I'm still not at all satisfied with it yet, but it's a good start. Whee!

"Every second that you cling to life you have to feel alive." ~The Chameleons

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 30 10 1:29 PM

I LOVE the Black Cat one! Well, I love all of them, but that one especially!

Favorites – Bête Noire Brew, Gears of Oblivion, Ignis Fatuus, Pirate's Breakfast, Werewolf

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 30 10 2:39 PM

Ooooh, I love the idea of the botanical gardens pictures, there's a stately home near me where they have all these botanical drawings done by the Edwardian lady of the house up on the walls and I could spend hours looking at them.

I also love the Devil Made Me Do It and am currently using the magnet I got in my last order as an enabling tool.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 30 10 5:51 PM

Adore the idea of the botanical drawings on the Apothecary labels. So very, very fitting. (never mind my bias towards all the botanical drawings of that period, *cough*) But.. you just did that so I would have to collect all of them, didn't you?

The Thor one looks fantastic, too. Lookin' forward to seeing the labels on the Devil Made Me Do It line now. =D

My loves: Serena, Spilled Salt, Uranus, Has No Hanna, Shakti, Odin, Dragons Blood

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 31 10 11:03 AM

Oooh, if all the redesigned Apothecary labels will be similar to the style of the one for Black Tea, I will probably find myself unable to resist buying at least one, haha. Of course, the smells are the most important aspect of any perfume to me, but I really appreciate that the Conjure Oils labels are done up so attractively. I can't wait to see the Cryptozoology labels... and hopefully sniff some of the accompanying scents! ;)

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 2 10 10:50 AM

Ooh neat- I really like the new idea for the Apothecary labels!  The Thor one is awesome too.  Vajra- who did the artwork for the Artemis label?  My friend thought it might be Thalia Took.  It has a similar style but looks like it was done by someone else.

To the lost...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Nov 2 10 11:03 AM

Isn't that image just wonderful? The Artemis was done by Renee Bosler who is kind enough to let me use her artwork for the label! Her site is here.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Nov 11 10 2:26 PM

Anyone have a photo of the Artemis label?

Favorites --- Aradia, Epona, Athena, Blue Rose, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Rabbit's Foot, Freya, Hera, Spilled Salt, Black Flowers Violet Ribbons, Green Potion

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 20 10 9:14 AM

Here is the new style of the Santeria labels - now featuring the Saint that's been syncretized with the Orisha! 

I've only reworked Ochossi so far, but I think they look pretty graceful and holy.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 21 10 5:20 PM

I really like the Ochossi label too. Of the bottles I've seen, I also really like the labels for the Conjure Caravan. Especially Jamila, since the colors in the picture seem to "fit" the perfume to me.

I'm really curious about what the Elemental oil labels look like, especially the ones for the winds. I guess I'll find out soon enough, since I want a bottle of Notus regardless of what is or isn't on the label.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 17 10 1:49 PM

Damn, should have added a bottle of Artemis to my last order!  Is that Lemurgirl art?

Favorites --- Aradia, Epona, Athena, Blue Rose, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Rabbit's Foot, Freya, Hera, Spilled Salt, Black Flowers Violet Ribbons, Green Potion

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 27 11 11:54 PM

Wow, these are beautiful!  Love the new labels.  Artemis is gorgeous!  And I love the saints on the santeria labels, which makes me wish, even more, for some more Vodou scents.....Mama Brigitte, for example!  

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 26 12 8:12 AM

I think that Conjure Oil's has the best perfume oil labels, both for durability and just for being beautiful to look at <3.  I would love to see more label pictures if anyone has them?  I'm also really curious about the Wu Xing labels (Azure Dragon, Vermillon Bird, Yellow Dragon, White Tiger & Black Tortoise) and was wondering if anyone had pictures of those or could describe them?   It's always easier for me to talk myself into buying bottles if I know I love the label artwork, lol.

Top 10: Bissextile Curious, Chupacabra, Cyanide Crumpets, Dieterle, El Loro, Lindy Hop, Marie LaVeau, Mlle C de Villers, Rose Hip Jam Paczki, & Unicorn Leather.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help